ThunderCat Training Event, Rescheduled to 30th-31st March

March 1, 2018

We are gutted to announce that we are going to have to cancel this weekends planned training sessions due to the adverse weather conditions. After several meetings with the team, our OOD and Safety officer for the weekend have had to make the difficult decision to cancel. Although air temperatures are set so become slightly milder by Saturday, they are still set to stay below 6 degrees C, and with the forecast rain and wind chill, it will feel more like -2. With the potential of hypothermia in mind, we are aware you are all hard-core adrenaline junkies, but this will be the best decision for your safety.

 

  

As training is paramount before the start of the season, we are proposing to re-schedule the training for the Stewartby race weekend 30th March - 1st April. Full training instructions will be available shortly, but in the meantime, we are planning for the timetable to look something like the below:

 

Theory Training - Friday 30th March
12:00 - 17:00 on-site at Stewarby in the classroom

 

On Water Training for new teams and testing for experienced teams - Saturday 31st March

Paperwork and medicals will commence from 10:00 (All Racers, please pre-book medicals by emailing Sophie.) Exact timeslots will be announced within the Training instructions that will be issued shortly.

 

New Teams - this will be an excellent opportunity to train under race conditions, and you will also have the option to practice the Circuit Pontoon start.

 

All Teams - This will also be an opportunity to get all of your race paperwork completed along with medicals for your licences.

 

Existing Racers – As many of you have never done pontoon starts and need the practice to understand speeds and set-ups Saturday will be brilliant giving you every opportunity to get the best out of the beginning of the National Championships.

 

Round 1 of the National Championship - Sunday 1st March

The National Championship will start with your training fresh in your mind. You would have also had the chance on Saturday to chat with experienced teams for advice and fine-tuned your set up to get maximum speeds for the start of the Championship.

 

We are sorry we have had to rearrange the training due to matters out of our control but hope that the proposed itinerary will enable you to be better equipped for the first race. Keep a lookout for another email from that will be sent out ASAP, with updated paperwork and race documentation to complete and bring with you.

 

Please, could you let me know if you can make this event, please feel free to call Sophie on +44 (0) 7880 794 014 if you need to chat anything through?

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

ThunderCat Racing - Going Forward into 2019

October 15, 2018

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Please reload